Thursday, July 7, 2016

Ostrich

I'm participating in an online challenge for a brand new national day called World Watercolor Month. Established by Charlie O'Shields (Doodlewash--check it out if you haven't already), the challenge is to paint a watercolor every day in July, or when you can, and use the hashtag #WorldWatercolorMonth when posting your entry. A facebook page has been set up for entries. Aside from being a fun challenge, this year it is a fundraiser for The Dreaming Zebra Foundation which supports underprivileged young artists around the world. For more information, see www.worldwatercolormonth.com.

So here's my first entry, from a photo I took last summer when my dad and I drove through a wildlife park.  This tall, curious, brazen fellow pecked at our windshield relieving us of smashed bugs, and then came to the open window begging for anything else we might have on hand. I have wanted to paint him and other animals we saw there so this is a great push to do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment