Thursday, May 5, 2016

Diamond Lake

Dad and I spent several days at Diamond Lake Lodge last week, attending the annual conference of the Northwest Outdoor Writers Association. Dad and three others founded the group 43 years ago, and it has grown its membership to over 200 writers, so of course he was an honored guest. One morning while Dad attended a meeting, I sat at the window in the dining room of the lodge with a small pot of tea, my sketchbook, fountain pen, and a limited palette of watercolors and worked on this little sketch. It had snowed earlier that morning and was still very cloudy. The scene was at such a distance I couldn't see whether the fisherman was standing in a boat or on a dock but I didn't care. I will probably make this into a greeting card for Dad for Fathers Day as a reminder of the special time we shared at the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment