Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Daisies


Years ago, the local newspaper art critic slammed the artists of the Hawaii Watercolor Society, saying we painted "pretty" pictures, particularly flowers. Ugh! The fact is, we DID paint pretty flower pictures, in retrospect truly excellent paintings, but I took her point to heart and began painting fewer flower paintings and attempted more "meaningful" paintings. I regret that now. Hawaii's flowers are glorious and I wish I had painted a boatload of them. Now I will attempt to make up for lost time and enjoy painting mainland flowers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did as your flower paintings are gorgeous - I especially like this one, wonderful light and shadows. Your blog is full of beautiful artwork, so glad I stumbled upon it, following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're painting these gorgeous flowers too! Found you from Virtual Paintout. I'm still looking around the map.

    ReplyDelete